Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #172

From: Frederic J-M Moulin <moulinfr_at_pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 17:35:52 -0500

> While this is just my babbling, I wonder if anybody has tried such a
>radically different campaign. Is "Columbis Mercator" from a campaign, MOB?
>
>I have! It was inspired by another Chaosium product, Thieves World, which
offers mechanisms for integrating the Sanctuary of the Thieves World books into a Traveller campaign.

>In my version, the PCs' out of control starship (which they didn't know how
to operate - it's a long story) crashed into the swamps near Duck Point. I was young and silly then.

I adapted some of RuneQuest to a Sci-fi world after reading a CoC scenario published in an old White Dwarf (I was young too, but I'm still silly ;-) about a stellar vampire and a crew coming to investigate the disappearance of an archeological team. I had some fun, calling my system StarQuest... but the absolute lack of existing material forced me to retreat back to a supported system sight...
The tables for laser and plasma rifle fumble were a lot of fun (specially for the game master) and the transformation of sorcery into psionic quite simple.
Frederic