Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #172

From: Frederic J-M Moulin <moulinfr_at_pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 18:08:09 -0500

>So again the call. Any scenario ideas that reflect on your favourite aspect of
>glorantha?
>
>Background:
>
>Another successful way of introducing background might be through stories.
If I
>ever get around to refereeing in Glorantha, each session will involve a story.
>For beginning players probably starting with passages from the mythology
>presented in King Of Sartar.

At the last Glorantha Con, I run a small scenario about a group of students in Pavis putting together a humorous show on the history of the city. Each of the scenes was about a significant even in the history of Pavis/Prax, from the battle between the Devil and StormBull to the battle of Moonbroth and the lunar conquest. It was devised to introduce players to the background of the region through a lot of role-playing and action. For each scene, I told them the scenario, their position in the cast, what they were supposed to do, and what historical event the scene was about. Then as the scene was being played, other people tried to disrupt the show and have the student look ridiculous, and the PCs had to improvise to keep the "show going on". It was a lot of fun for the GM to see the players stand-up and act-out the improvisation of their PCs. The scenario was designed for starting characters: not too deadly, and with ample opportunities to use other skills than "attack" and "Parry". The Dark Troll playing the Light Priest of Pavis, the maniacal dwarf running around with his hammer and Lady Jezra trying to read a political manifesto in the middle of a battle between lunar special forces and Imperial Secret Police was quite entertaining, at least for the GM. Thanks to all the players, I unfortunately did not record your names, but I would love to hear from you.
Frederic

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #175