Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #175

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 05:30:56 -0500 (EST)

> From: Peter Metcalfe
>
> V S Greene:
> ===========
>
> > Assuming that the sun in Glorantha casts shadows, it should work.
I''
> >not sure that Yelmites would use them, as it would be a continual
reminder
> of
> >Yelm's binding into time and the loss of the Golden Age.
>
> What do you mean? Only the ignorants believe that Yelm is bound into
> time. Civilized people know that Yelm rules over the Underworld (which
> he conquered fair and square BTW) as well as the Inner World and the
> Heavens and moves around so that he can balance his commitments.

         Hmm, my God Learner leanings creep out again. What can I say, I like the Jrusteli Monomyth and assume it to be as close to objective "truth" as is possible in Glorantha. Heck, I figure that the Monomyth's what the Lhankor Mhy Sages use to organize History although they might not tell that to outsiders.

         I gather that Yelmite legends have a rather different viewpoint as to what happened at the beginning of Time?

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...