Rain

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 16:13:00 -0800

Joerg mentions again that the Heartlands are dry in the summer, implying that there's no rain, presumeably because Yelm shines all the time. I took up this thread once before, and no one responded to it. Shall I try again?

In Glorantha, does rain HAVE to come from clouds? (Maybe it does - jusy gathering opinions, here.) How about from the sky river, Lorian?

One day last summer here in Seattle, we had a beautiful rain storm. A big cloud was gently raining on my backyard while the sun shone all around it. It was warm and gentle and absolutely lovely. I imagine the Entekos/Shafelsora & Yelm could operate quite a bit like this in the Heartlands.

Do the Sartarites have no sunshine because they don't worship Yelm? IMO, even though the Heartland Pelorians don't worship Orlanth, they can have plenty of rain.

Anyone disagree? (or care?)

If you want aquaducts, I can see using them to bring clean water to the city. Think about poor Yuthuppa - downstreaml of Alkoth, Raibanth, and probably Glamour as well. No wonder they spend so much time contemplating the sky...

Pam