SB, Newbs, Ralza, Sonar, Elves, HQ, Pagan, Ettiq, Dksense, GodTime, Lingo, Wants

From: Philip Hibbs <101621.1264_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 07 Feb 97 21:55:18 EST

I've been 'un-digested' for some time, so some of these points may be a bit old...

David Dunham wrote:
>>From: DScott_at_snail.demon.co.uk (David Scott)
>>Who thinks after reading Dorastor that Ralzakark is a part of
>>Nysalor/Gbaji/Arkat, and what will happen if all the parts are brought
>>together again. Will Nysalor/Gbaji/Arkat re-form.
>
>Ral(-???) + zak(-???) + ark(-at)?

See 'Dorastor : Land of Doom', pages 10-11, section titled 'The Second Age : Dorastor in Ruins', note the following passages:

"In 842 Balarzak Leatherwing, a dragon-worshipper from the land of Tarsh, led his companions to recover ash and water from the ruined place. ... Balarzak and his companions returned alive and well, yet all died within three years, none by normal means, with blood bubbling from his lips. "Two famous Talastari heroes, Turvoy the Foreigner and Hardral the Flying Urox, entered Dorastor in 857 to repeat the adventures of Balarzak; they emerged the following year as draugr."

Hardral         Ral
Balarzak      + Zak
Arkat         + Ark
              = Ralzakark ?

Now I don't know much about these other two characters, but could this be more than a coincidence? And what is a 'draugr'? I get the impression that you wouldn't take one home to meet the folks, and Steve Thomas tells me it is the Norse word for undead. So : three heroes (Arkat, Balarzak and Hardral) enter Dorastor, meet an untimely demise ( Arkat is the possible exception here) and up pops Ral-zak-ark...

phibbs_at_csi.compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs

| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |