Humakt

From: Philip Hibbs <101621.1264_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 Feb 97 14:41:05 EST

>like Humakt, some of whose
>adherents sever themselves from kin and ancestors - although IMO there
>are lots of happy Humakti families in Kethaela,

     I think this severing of relationships is mostly a matter of choice; I have a Humakt character who is the eldest child of a noble family in Culbrea, and although he has renounced the title and rights of primogeniture, he still considers himself part of the family. Recently, his two brothers were killed in a fight with some scorpion men, and he is currently agonising whether to fully return to his family, or to carry on his devotion to Humakt to the logical cunclusion. Originally the plan was to stick it out to Rune Lord level, and at that point to sever his bonds with the family entirely, but now life is more complicated. Additionally, even if the brothers are resurrected, I don't know whether he would consider them the same people! Maybe he will think that they are not members of his family, and still consider returning home to renew the bonds of kinship - they might not be too happy about this! Should he seek psychomythological counselling?

phibbs_at_csi.compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs Check out Sandy's sorcery (lots of tables!) and my Pagan Sorceror rules.

| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |