Sun dials/Heaing tattoos/Rain fall

From: WillTwist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 16:18:55 -0500 (EST)

   Sun Dials: Focused sunlight (i.e. lense mounted onto dial) -- definately!! Nice, neat solution that doesn't rely on unpredictable shadows and instead magifies Yelm's glory.

    Healing tattoos: I like the concept for certain illnesses and pains.  Arthritis, pinched nerves, gall bladder problems all are problems that are not easily fixed by a Heal or heal wound. Magic enchantments to heal or cure such problems seems to be a nice solution.

     With regard to rain in Yemic areas -- it would seem to me that it would be very likely that most of the rain falls only at night. The Yelmic influence would work to drive out storms during the day. This would be representive of the storms during the Storm Age in Yelm's absence. It also makes the dawn all that much more glorious as Yelm breaks through the clouds and scatters the storm in front of him.

      Pam, being that you live in Seattle and are used to 200+ days a year of rain, I am sure that this is more of a worry for you and your gaming group.  Here in Fresno, we average 8 to 10 inches of rain a year and it just isn't that big a deal. Whenever we want a laugh we dig out the Prax weather chart and laugh about how lush it is.

       Thats it -- RQ Con in Fresno! It will have to be a Praxian theme.  You can all enjoy the realistic weather that we will provide to get you all into the mood. We do have a local brewery that sells buffalo burgers, makes great beer, and caters. And we are one hour from Yosemite, 3 hours from San Francisco, 4 hours from Los Angeles, and one and a half hours from the ocean, so you can all do the requisite tourist stuff (and get out of the heat).