Sartar, Land of Doom

From: Paul2.Harmaty <Paul2.Harmaty_at_aig.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:41:11 -0500

MOB suggests:
> ... you can place the 'Risklands' into a Sartar setting quite painlessly;
> in fact, it might even work more successfully than the Dorastor setting.
Anyone
> tried it?

At the time D:LoD was being playtested I had a healthy RQ campaign centered on the Kings Tower settlement in eastern Sartar (circa 1580). So Dorastor's clan info was a good model, but I already had major NPCs and local steads sketched out for the players. On the other hand, the stead economics rules were not at all to my liking and were never even considered.

If I find the players to restart my dormant campaign, I may reposition the RIsklands into the Moaning Vale (not too difficult a translation IMO). The Telmori stuff would still work as written (by and large) and Troll raiders or even Praxians could occasionally break the quiet of life on the farm. Thanks for the suggestion Michael.

Paul Harmaty
Dragons live forever, not so little boys - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -