Multiple GMs

From: Denise L Calaway <acdlc_at_utxdp.dp.utexas.edu>
Date: Wednesday, 12 Feb 97 15:20:45 CST

After being out of the Glorantha loop for a while I think I'm up to jumping on board after spending the last few weeks relearning everything I thought I forgot. I've got a question for you all, its one I've asked at conventions for for over 10 years now. Have any of you tried playing with multiple GMS-taking turns GMing and playing? I organized a group like this way back in (I think) 1984 or 85 but we didn't play in Glorantha. We used the Runequest rules but formed our own fantasy world to play in. It was wildly successful for a short time (1 year and half about). We had Sean Summers, Don Webb, and Guy Hale among others as role player - game masters. We took turns running, each of us game mastered a scenario we devised ourselves. The group grew to over 10 people - which was quite a handful and unfortunately due to folks moving away (etc) the group broke up before everyone got a chance. But it was amazingly cohesive considering the range of personalities GMing the whole thing. The GM's player character was run as an NPC until they played again. So have any of you all done this before using Glorantha as your game world? I would like to see this done in Glorantha but right now I only play with 2 others who are Glorantha knowledgable. Criticism, comments and suggestions are welcome. Denise Calaway