Elemental figures...

From: Lewis Jardine <jardine_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:46:46 +0000

John Medway asks:

> I'm messing around with creating some summoned elemental stands for the
> next RedDev game I run, and while I have some clear ideas on how to
> represent a Gnome, a Sylph, a Salamander and an Undine, I have no clever
> ideas on how to represent a Shade or a Lune in some physical sense.
>
> I know they're non-corporeal, but I still need to come up with some
> physical thing I can use on the tabletop that looks like a Shade or that
> looks like a Lune. Any suggestions on what they look like? (Whether on a
> 40mm x 40mm base or in "real life".)

How about:

Sylph - ball of cotton wool.
Shade - Ball of cotton wool dyed black (or pingpong ball painted black)
Lune  - Ball of cotton wool dyed pink & crimson (or pingpong ball)
Selene - Ball of cotton wool dyed in shades of blue.

A nice touch for the last to would br to include a red (or white) LED + battery
in the cotton wool or pingpong ball. The lune could cyclicly flash on and off!
There are plenty of gizmos that already have this facility (SGI badges frex.)
so a bit of canabalism should provide this easily...

Cheers

        Lewis