Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #188

From: Frederic J-M Moulin <moulinfr_at_pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:49:48 -0500

>I'm messing around with creating some summoned elemental stands for the
>next RedDev game I run, and while I have some clear ideas on how to
>represent a Gnome, a Sylph, a Salamander and an Undine, I have no clever
>ideas on how to represent a Shade or a Lune in some physical sense.
>
>I know they're non-corporeal, but I still need to come up with some
>physical thing I can use on the tabletop that looks like a Shade or that
>looks like a Lune. Any suggestions on what they look like? (Whether on a
>40mm x 40mm base or in "real life".)

Shades: How about a big black "blob" but painting a shadow with a definitive shape on the stand. Or maybe the shape of a difformed troll. Lune: how about a small moon on top of "transparent" foot. Check out the figurines for SF wargaming (space vessels...) I remember seeing "asteroids" allready made.You can even paint it in red colors... Have you checked the R.P. models of Gnome, Sylph, salamander and Undine ? They are pretty nice, but a little big for 15 mm: those would be elemental lords.
Frederic