Foxfire

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 19:02:22 +0000

Andrew Behan asks:

    "Sorry for a non-Gloranthan question but, as the rules-digest is     down does anybody know what the Kitsune power "Foxfire" in Land     of the Ninja does?"

My trusty dictionary defines "foxfire" as the phosphorescence from dead, rotting wood, or as phosphorescent wood itself. So, I'd say that Kitsune (Fox Spirits) can impart phosphorescence to (1) dead trees or (2) plant life, both dead and alive, or (3) anything they want. Choose 1, 2, or 3 based on how you want to play it.

And now for the atmospheric effect... when Fox maidens walk through the forest all the dead wood around them phosphoresces to light their way. Very spooky indeed.

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> A priest, a rabbi, a Penn student, and an elephant walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what is this, some kinda joke?"