Multiple GMs?

From: Michael O'Brien <michael.obrien_at_actf.com.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 11:26:00

Multiple GMs?

Welcome back to the loop Denise L Calaway:

>After being out of the Glorantha loop for a while I think I'm up
>to jumping on board after spending the last few weeks relearning
>everything I thought I forgot. I've got a question for you all,
>its one I've asked at conventions for over 10 years now. Have
>any of you tried playing with multiple GMS-taking turns GMing
>and playing?

Interestingly, this how we've *always* played our RPGs, probably because we all enjoy playing more than GMing! We don't have a strict rotation; people just put their hand up when they've got a plot to run with (which they either made up or got from a published source). Generally, we think of some cheesy dodge why the GM's character is unavailable (taking important message back to the capital, etc.) rather than have 'em along as an NPC. There are still plenty of scenarios that can be run or situations that can be set up by a GM without loads of Glorantha experience, and we're a pretty patient and forgiving lot anyway!

Scenarios for Tales

Loren Miller:
>I had always thought that TotRM discouraged scenario submissions
>on the grounds that they emphasized the RQ game system, and
>TotRM was trying to emphasize the non-roolz parts of Glorantha.
>At least that was what my brain carried out of my readings of the
>old Tales submission policies, from years back. Has that changed?

Tales of the Reaching Moon has always been very keen to receive playable material.

In the very earliest issues of the zine the editors expressed interest in receiving *cameos* (short adventures without stats) in preference to long scenarios, mainly for reasons of space. There was some debate about this in the first letter column, and after I came on board about issue #2 I argued strongly for a balance of full-length scenarios as well as shorter cameos: note that issue #3 then ran a scenario that took up about one-third of the issue, and we have regularly featured full-length scenarios ever since!

Unfortunately, as I have said before, of all our submissions, we receive very few cameos and even less scenarios, but try to publish at least one per issue if we can. We encourage such submissions, and wish we received more. Tales uses the RQ3 rules system.

Cheers

MOB

>From the Notes from Nochet files:
(XXIX.mmbw/H2S04) Will I never marry, never know the joy of having one to pick the lice from my hair, and lie with me beneath Uleria's sacred oxhide? Sometimes I despair. Women with beards make me sneeze. AP