Ikadz; oh the pain, the pain!

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 02:59:47 -0500 (EST)

          Yes, Ikadz, everybody's favorite god of torture. To the best of my knowledge there's no write up (read: I haven't seen it so therefore it must not exist), so when I decided to have a group of Lunar Inquisitors (no one expects...oh you know) come accross the village of Storlock in the multiple GM campaign mentioned by Peter Maranci in another digest post I ended up making up a lot of stuff.

          I decided that Aranae, Ikadz priestess and Lunar Inquisitor would be from a long line of inquistors who served rulers before the Lunar Empire for centuries. She'd enjoy giving and recieving pain, but in her own way was
"just"; she tries to punish the guilty and doesn't want to wantonly hurt the
innocent. Her work is her worship of Ikadz. (justification: Ikadz is noted as cleansing the souls of misdoers before they can join the other dead; not chaotically destorying souls)

         Aranae uses a whip as her primary weapon and tool. I gave her
"Whipsharp" as a spell figuring that was more appropriate than Bludgeon. She
has Heal 4 and (rune) Heal Wound since a torturer generally isn't trying to kill the person they're interrogating. She's skilled in torture (duh) and should be skilled in Interrogation although I neglected to put that on her card.

         Aranae is attractive despite a large number of scars all over her body except for her face. These are a result of a Hero Quest in which she took the role of the Bride of Ikadz (made it all up) and acquired the ability to be restored to full hit points when she's reduced to zero hit points. (that may be excessive; I probably should have figured out an appropriate limitation.

        How far off am I? I assumed Ikadz to _not_ be a Chaos diety despite what the Prospedia (GoG) said since there's no indication of a true chaotic nature. He doesn't seem to eat people's souls, after all. What is the reason for Humakt's noted hostility towards him? I used that a bit in the scenario; the Yanafal Tarnass soldiers accompanying Aranae found her distasteful. I assumed that some of the Humakti hostility would still be present in the YT cult, but they'd still work with an Ikadz inquisitor.

V.S Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham... Vampires have little trouble getting on America Online.