Seasonal day length

From: Arf <A.R.Wilson_at_herts.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 16:06:40 +0000 (GMT)

> From: cory davis <cory_at_chem.eng.usyd.edu.au>
>
> I hve been redoing the prax weather stats in metric (so I understand them )
> and I put them on an expanded calander . I got to thinking just how

Any possibility of seeing a copy?

> miserable dark season would be being so cold and wet and always being dark,
> but would the days be shorter ? I mean dark season isn't really winter is
> it, so I checked Elder Secrets and everywhere else I could think of, but
> there was no mention of changing lengths of days . My question is, Is there
> a Fire solstise (longest day ) and a Darkness Solstise (shortest day ) in
> glorantha and when and how long would these days be in Prax ? Also the
> mythic reasons why it is like that ?

As I understand it, days are always the same length. They are the time that it takes for Yelm to cross the sky dome, and then cross the Underworld. The weather is affected by the season, so IMO the day would not change in length, but would somehow be darker in dark season (and quite probably storm season) and brighter and hotter in fire season.

I too have wondered whether there is a myhtical reason for the seasons/weeks/days being associated with the elements and runes that they are.

Also (NB tag inserted here): In Prax, how much water does an individual need to carry/drink to survive?

And: Where (if anywhere) can I find information on Skullbushes and other Praxian vegetation?

Cheers,

Arf.

| Arf Wilson             |  A five year old child could understand this -    |
| a.r.wilson_at_herts.ac.uk |  send someone to fetch a five year old child!     |