Re: Shades and Lunes

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 97 01:23 MET

John Medway:
>I'm messing around with creating some summoned elemental stands for the
>next RedDev game I run, and while I have some clear ideas on how to
>represent a Gnome, a Sylph, a Salamander and an Undine, I have no clever
>ideas on how to represent a Shade or a Lune in some physical sense.

>I know they're non-corporeal, but I still need to come up with some
>physical thing I can use on the tabletop that looks like a Shade or that
>looks like a Lune. Any suggestions on what they look like? (Whether on a
>40mm x 40mm base or in "real life".)

Just because they can be penetrated doesn't mean that they are non-corporeal - - you can still harm (disrupt?) them with pointed, edged or even blunt weapons.

I imagine a shade to look a bit like a column or explosion-mushroom of a black cloud. The lune is harder, how do you model a floating sphere (or IMO rather ellipsoid, i.e. flattened) of light? Since Lunacy goes to the head, the main "substance" ought to be chest- to head-height.