Cult Books

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 03:46:01 -0500 (EST)

> From: "Robin D. Laws" noted...

> Subject: Re: Cult books
>
> Peter Maranci -
>
> >It seems to me that it
> >would make sense to publish really *detailed* information
> >on individual cults in small books, perhaps 20 - 40 pages in
> >length.
>
> Unfortunately, small books have proven to be a very dodgy
> commercial proposition. Other publishers have found this to
> be true, and I'm afraid Chaosium would as well.

         How about a _Cults of Prax_ like book? Something covering the dieties of a pantheon plus cultural notes on the peoples who follow them. Good, informative write-ups on the major deities, shorter write-ups on allied cults and minor dieties, and the overall culture(s) of the followers of this form of the pantheon. _The Orlanthi of Sartar_ for example.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...