Postmodernist Glorantha

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 03:47:21 -0500 (EST)

> What makes Glorantha interesting, surely, is that it is NOT the real
world.
> An idea that has taken off is that, in Glorantha, `postmodernism' IS true.
> That is, people in Glorantha merely thinking that Glorantha has certain
> characteristics MAKES it have those characteristics, even if other people
in
> Glorantha SIMULTANEOUSLY perceive Glorantha differently.
>
> So, in Glorantha, trying to construct a monomyth (that is, being a
scientist)

> is futile, because there is is no single `objective reality' to constrain
> any theories.
>
> (Yep, postmodernists are living in a fantasy world :-)
>
> - --
> Benedict Adamson, Project Engineer, Computational Dynamics Limited.

         So Glorantha is a Consensual Reality? An interesting idea; although
it strikes me that somebody actually suggesting that in Glorantha might find themselves declared a dangerous chaotic. It does provide quite a reason to evangelize; the more people who accept your veiw of the world the more a part of the world it becomes. A Hero becomes a Hero because a large enough group of people _believe_ he/she is a Hero; dang, television would be hideously dangerous in that Glorantha! :)

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...