Ikadz, the fun god :)

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 03:49:59 -0500 (EST)

> Nikk Effingham noted...
>
> V.S. Greene writes:
>

> Ikadz was given a small description in Lords of Terror (p.84). One spell
> was Pain Blow, I would suggest that another would be Visceral Agony, which
> is similar to Erotocomatose Lucidity except it causes Pain and not
Pleasure.
> Due to his Inquistion nature, he might also have Detect Truth or Mind
Read,
> but this would most likely be a Lunar sub-cult. Perhaps he has Shrive,
which
> ensures that a soul that is about to travel to the Land of Death must
first
> pass through Ikadz's Hell for a period of, errmm.... detoxification. Of
> course, the canidate doesn't have to be *willing*....=:)

         I had an Irripi Ontor priest with my band of Lunar Inquisitors for the Detect Truth and Mindread. Shrive looks interesting, actually; figure that people might _want_ it cast if the afterlife they're going for is awful and they'd rather have a bit of Purgatory instead. That would seem to offend more than just Humakt, but deities that judge the dead; maybe the "detoxification" is none the less valid to them.

         Ikadz strikes me as one of those deities that don't need much of a write-up; who'd play an Ikadzi (Ikadzite, Ikadzian?) as a PC? Who'd allow an Ikadzi PC, or would want one in an adventuring party? Although, it would be interesting to have a player character who wants to capture some broo alive for practice....

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...