foxfire

From: Tadaaki Kakegawa <CXC06317_at_niftyserve.or.jp>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 02:24:00 +0900

 Hello all,

 [foxfire]

  Kitsune-bi(foxfire) is entity like Feux Follets. Oni-bi(Will'0 Wisp)   which is seen in mountains is called so. It was said foxes emit it.

  Range of many foxfires is called "Kitsune No Yomeiri"(Marrige Ceremony   of Foxes), for it is seen like paper lanterns of marridge ceremony of   Japanese style.
  When wedding of foxes take place in somewhere, it rains even if there   would be no cloud.

  In Japan, foxes is seen as Messenger of Kami (especialy Inari),   or Hengeyokai(collectly, we Japanese call them Yokai or Yokaihenge)   that transform into certain creature (or human) and cheat men.   They are very popular in Japanese folk tales.

  "Though Westerners call our beloved Sun Goddess *Valzain*,    we who live in The Eighth Islands (aka Vormain) call Her VanSeiKiHi,    PRINCESS of ALL TIME. You may also think VanSeiKiHi as male god, but    it is falsehood of God Learners."
   ShuRei, a Gou-Ha style samurai of Vormain, said so.
                                                      Tadaaki Kakegawa
                                                             an Yelmalian