On Spirits and Souls

From: Lorne D. Booker <booker_at_baynet.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 02:06:51 -0500

In Glorantha, is a players spirit the same as her soul?

If they are different, do characters exist concurrently on the physical = plane (body and soul) and the spirit plane (in spirit form)? =20 =20
When someone dies her soul goes to the place prepared by her god. Does = the spirit also make that journey?

The reason why I ask this is because I am wondering how spirits would = feel about being summoned. Grandfather Jed might not like to be hauled = from the promised land (assuming that it is a nice place) if his spirit = resides there. He would probably have to be dragged kicking and = screaming to the mundane plane. If his spirit is drifting in the spirit = plane he might not view it as a nuisance.

I'm trying to get a feel of how a spirit feels about being summoned. = This must be heavily influenced by where the spirit is when it is = summoned?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Booker