solstices and lengths of days

From: Delecti_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 16:57:29 -0500 (EST)

Jesper Wahrner writes:
<< Hmm. We have always played that days and nights always are of equal length
  and that seasonal variety stems from some sort of elemental dominance.   During Fire Season Darkness is very weak and the nights are actually   not very dark. They are warm and never get much darker than twilight.

  On the other hand during Dark Season Yelm is so weak that it is actually   possible to look straight at him without hurting your eyes. He gives   almost no warmth and when it is at its worst (probably around Suberes   High Holy day) its like living in a perpetual night with the difference   that you can see a pale disc move across the sky unless there are clouds   in the way. This varies with the region depending on how strong the   elements are locally, which gods are worshipped etc.

  There can still be some sort of solstices this way; those days that   the particular elements power is at its peak (ie Yelms HH-day) after   which it starts to decline.

  I prefer this to the GRAY version with variable daylength, because it   keeps up the Sense of Wonder and gives the feeling that Glorantha is   a fundamentally different place from Earth >>

I have to agree here. I have used the elemental dominance to ccome to similiar effects. I had heard of something like that in one of the books, but felt like it was to RW'ish to use. This is Glorantha and a solstice does not feel right. Yelm goes at the same rate across the sky, as he is stuck in Time's influence.

Scott