Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #197

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 97 22:59 MET

Frederic Moulin is confused about the moons.
>Lune means moon in French, which sound OK for the elemental of the Red Moon
>Godess.
>Now I hear about "Selene", which also mean moon, or now "relative to the
>moon" from the latin root.

As far as I know, Selene is the Greek word for moon...

>Are these two different elementals ???

Yes. Lunes are associated with the Red Moon, Selenes with the Blue Moon. Lunes cause lunacy, selenes cause damage.

>And how about the elemental of light for Yelm, the sun God: There must be
>elemental of light if there is elemental of shadows... I remember reading
>about them somewhere, sometime... but I'm confident someone on the list can
>refresh my memory.

Yes, the French version of the creatures book has them. They aren't officially Gloranthan, where Yelm the sun gets fire elementals. Yelmalio doesn't get any, else they'd be his (or any other non-fiery sun's).