Flogging Dead God Learners

From: Guy Hoyle <guyhoyle_at_chrysalis.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 22:46:51 +0000

> From: <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 97 22:34:32
> Subject: Monomyth & other stuff
>
> Monomyth:
>
> I can't keep from help flogging the dead horse...
>
> Peter Metcalfe:
> >This premise is perfectly fine by me. But the God Learners had something
> >else which wasn't objective history and they called it the monomyth.
>
> However, the GL monomyth is the _closest thing_ to an "objective
> history/mythology" that we do have. The GLs were destroyed partly
> because they were too close to the "truth".

I would not wholly agree; I think that the main reason that the God Learners were destroyed was not because they learned of things they shouldn't know, it's because they dared meddle in the gods' domain. The Gift Carriers of the Sending Gods were like antibodies seeking out the source of an infection (to use a RW simile).