VIII. RQ Con

From: Ingo Tschinke <tschinke_at_nord.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 14:07:46 +0100

Hi

I just would like to inform you about the ongoings on the VIII. RQ Con at Castle Stahleck at Bacharach in Germany.

We have 130 places at the castle which are sold out up to 80%. We will have a lot of guest from foreign countries which will make our con to a real international convention. So far we have:

7 Brits Guests
5 French Guests
4 American Guests
4 Swedish Guests
3 Dutch Guests
2 Italian Guests
1 Finnish Guest
1 Australian Guest
1 Canadian Guest
and the rest a Germans

Our guests of honour are:

Michael O'Brien, Nick Brooke and David Hall

We will have three LARPS:

Further events are:

Fo everybody how didn't have heard anything about the VIII. RQ Con I'm sending the invitation for this con again together with the registration form (I'm sorry for taking so much space for it):

Invitation to the 8th German RuneQuest Con - 1997

This year's RuneQuest Con will take place, as last year's, at the youth hostel Burg Stahleck in Bacharach on the Rhine. The con will be held on Whitsun weekend (some kind of catholic holiday for those of you who, like me, didn't know that) from Friday evening the 16th of May, til Monday the 19th, around noon or so. The castle and village under it are alone worth the trip. Our Guests of Honor for the 1997 con will be:

Michael O'Brien, David Hall, and Nick Brooke

To finance their travel costs we have initiated a Teelo-Norri-Fund. We would greatly appreciate any
donations.
Last year's con started on Friday and turned out rather well because we then had more time for getting acquainted and for playing games. We will again be starting on Friday, but the opening greeting will be on Saturday for those of us who arrive then. Aside from its idyllic atmosphere, the hostel offers enough space for all. The cost of the con is DM 130 (German Marks), or 100
for those who arrive on Saturday. The free-forms (LARPs) will cost around DM 10. We have to ask that anyone coming by car please bring others, so as to travel in as few vehicles as possible as there is only limited space for parking.

Planned Program Points

Concerning Trollball: Please bring inflatable pool toys and things for use as "weapons". Further info regarding the con will be sent upon our receiving your registration.
Vegetarian meals are available and the rest is also good. Breakfast and dinner are included in the basic price. Lunch can be purchased for those who are not too busy gaming and discussing Glorantha. Those arriving by train can call the hostel to have someone drive down to pick up their baggage. The scenic footpath to the castle is not long, but is rather steep.

                   Registration

   Last Name               First Name

   Address

   I would like to take part in the following Free-forms:

                                 Peoples of Pavis  []
                                 The King's Funeral  []

I will be arriving on Friday [] Saturday []

I would like to offer the following adventure, lecture, event, etc. (for role-playing event please indicate the system and the number of players you can handle):

I will be purchasing lunch [] I am a vegetarian []

I am donating the following amount to the Teelo-Norri-Fund to finance the guests of honor:______________We gladly accept donations in any monitary denominations

The con fee can be paid by arriving at Castle Stahleck