Runes

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 97 21:00:33

Peter Metcalfe:

>DRAGONEWTS: Look at the configuration the Dragonewt Cities
>make on the Map of Dragon Pass. I'm skeptical the Dragonewts
>themselves are aware of the rune.

Of course they are. The illustration in Griffin Mountain of the mounted dragonewt with a deagonewt rune shaped rune is too cool to be disregarded.

>MASTERY: This appears to come from Peloria where the Red King
>is depicted as wearing this rune as a crown on the Gods Wall.
>The Red Emperor also wears a smimilar crown today. Since the
>Red King is also known as the God of Tyrants, one wonders if the
>Red Emperor is also a tyrant.

Hmm, I would associate this Red King and tyrant with Tyram who is also known as god of tyranny.

>WATER: Known by the World Council and held by the Dragonewts

Which is really weird since dragonewts normally don't use elemental magic.

danny bourne:
> \ /
>- ---*---

>I don't know why it wants to make Joerg run, to me it looks like a) the
>submissive woman rune or b) the drunken man in the gutter rune. (Or is it
>the New Zealand wicket rune) ;)

Nonono, it's the Hedgehog rune!

God Learners:

Guy Hoyle:
>> history/mythology" that we do have. The GLs were destroyed partly
>> because they were too close to the "truth".
>
>I would not wholly agree; I think that the main reason that the God
>Learners were destroyed was not because they learned of things they
>shouldn't know, it's because they dared meddle in the gods' domain.

That's of course the main reason, but they wouldn't have been able to meddle that way if they hadn't been reasonably close to the "truth".

Weinander            | Everything is dust in the wind Home:
nilsw_at_ibm.net       |

Office: nils_at_carasoft.se |
WWW: http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/