Sartar Coins

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 03:25:45 -0500 (EST)

> Non-Lunar silvers although identical to the standard Lunars are called
> guilders. Snooty, irridentist anti-Lunar scum will pointedly correct other
> people who say 'Lunar' by saying 'I only accept guilders...'
>
> - --
> Michael Cule

       I thought those were Pavic coins, called "guilders" because they were minted by Guilds. "Pennies" might work. It occurs to me, were coins in Sartar minted by the kings or chieftains? I'm recalling American Colonial history where some coins were minted by guys who happened to have mines. One creative person, after the copper content of his three penny coins was questioned, added the phrases "Value Me As You Please" and "I Am Good Copper" to them. Point being, while coins issued by the guilds or government will likely be of a constant weight the coins minted by Ornar Silver Miner might weigh different. If most of the coinage in Dragon Pass is minted by independents, mechants would probably use scales and value by weight.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham....