Humakti

From: Joseph Troxell <jmt107_at_psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 13:16:26 -0500

<snip> About Humakti breaking geases.

According to Gods of Glorantha, an initiate of Humakt must swear to one geas and receive the accompanying gift. However, that means there are a lot of geases that the initiate does not swear. Now, I think bad things should happen to a player who breaks the geas they have sworn. However, it seems like the initiate should try to follow all the geases, even the ones they haven't sworn. Yet, it would be nigh impossible to follow every geas given in GoG, since one of them is, "remain silent one specified day per week." Does anyone really want to be quiet all the time? Especially since Orate is a cult skill! Same with "accept no magical healing", yet Heal being a cult spell. Maybe the initiate should try to get by without magical healing, yet there are going to be times of (assuming do haven't sworn that geas) "either take the Heal 4 or die." I hope that I cleared up any misconception about my original post. I was just trying to say that while a Humakti should try to emulate their god as much as possible, they are only human and cannot be expected to do *everything* the way Humakt does.

>>We play that Humakti can be resurrected, otherwise nobody would play
>>them.

Oh, I like the psychotic little buggers just fine! Of course, I'm just a lot more glad that I made my one DI and still had a 10 power!