Laconic Monomyth Zombies

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 23:16:16 -0800

Simon Phipp wrote

> ... people sometimes get het up over certain topics - the
> Monomyth is one of them. People are either passionately for it ...
> or passionately against it

Not necessarily. Remember that people who could give a trollkin turd aren't going to post saying so.

> Another Create Zombie - Once, when fighting a Chaos Horde, we were
>completely
> outclassed when Derak killed the Giant Broo-Demon with a lucky
> critical and used Create Zombie to bring it back to fight on our
> side.

Wow, I always knew RQ combat went on forever, but this is an amazing battle! Recall that first "the enchanter must inscribe the runes of power" and then "for each point of current POW that will be expended, one hour must be spent performing the Enchantment." Create Zombie requires one POW for each 6 SIZ points of the corpse. Now, I'm not sure how big your giant broo-demon was, but quite likely it was at least SIZ 18 so that's 3 hours before the zombie could rejoin the fray. Like I said, quite the battle! (Even if the broo withered to SIZ 1 after death, it would still take 1 hour to zombify.)

Presumably Derak also had a control spell, since the resulting zombie "must be commanded to do anything."

Or is this all moot because you don't use RQ3?

Joseph Troxell wrote of Humakti

> it would be nigh impossible to follow every geas ...
> since one of them is, "remain silent one specified day per week."
> ... Orate is a cult skill!

Not necessarily incompatible; they could be like Spartans, quiet most of the time but uttering Laconic sayings.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #210