monomyth and ice

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 22:27:14 +1300

Nils Weinander:

NW>>>However, the GL monomyth is the _closest thing_ to an "objective
>>>history/mythology" that we do have.

Me>>No it isn't. The bits in Trollpak, Cults of Terror, Cults of Prax
>>etc are not GL monomyths. They are Lhankor Mhy imitations. Trollpak
>>for example, bends over backwards to be fair to the Uz which is
>>something no God Learner would do!

>These publications are neither god learner nor Lhankor Mhy documents.

Er? I look in the front of Uz Lore (the 'monomyth' part of Trollpak) and sure enough there's a price tag on it by one Minaryth Purple. Uz Lore is a Gloranthan Document and so by extension are the others.

>They are modern day earth books intended to be useful as game
>supplements. Sure, they contain short snips of Gloranthan perspective
>text.

But then what is the monomyth in your opinion if these bits aren't monomythical?

>But, where did the Lhankor Mhy scientist tradition come
>from, and what kind of sources do they use, if not god
>learner traditions and text fragments.

Like I said. These texts are Lhankor Mhy imitations of the God Learner Monomyth.

Michael O'Brien:

>A lot of people have mentioned the 'Ice Rune', and everyone seems
>to agree what an abomination it is. I can't even remember what
>it looks like, but I do wonder exactly it is about this rune that
>offends.

It's a filled in diamond (as in playing cards). The inherent obnoxiousness of the manifest abortion lies in the implication that merely by freezing water, you are transmuting substances.