Re: Disruption, Demoralize, Befuddle, Power roles

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_gsidanet.danet.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 97 11:47:12 EST

> From: "Lorne D. Booker" <booker_at_baynet.net>
> In this is the case a
> successful POW roll would mean that POW must be drained from somewhere.
> Is it drained from the targeted entity? If so is this not pretty
> powerful for one and two point spirit magic spells.

It is not drained from anywhere. POW is a measure of how well one meshes with, and can affect, the existing Magical Power fields. It is thus more like STR, DEX, or INT than it is like SIZ; it is not just a measure of magical mass.

If simple spells could drain POW from the victim, all casters would have the same lovely reputation as vampires or sorcerors using Tap, and vice versa. This may be believed by that group that purports to give up magic entirely, of course (the Renunciationists are from where? the East Isles, I think, but I can't find any notes about them).