Humakti and geases

From: Neil Robinson <neilr_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 10:17:25 +0000

There has been a lot of talk on the Humakti, and I wanted to put in my two bits about geases....

With the Celts, breaking a geas meant death, or something as nasty. Now humakit geases are not exactly the same as the Celtic ones, IMHO, but they are still permanently and irrevokably binding.

If a humakti with the geas, 'accept no magic healing' gets so healed, he is screwed (maybe in the only way a humakti gets it). Not only should he lose the associated gift forever, without a chance of taking it again, but he should still have the geas, and breaking it again may cause more problems, maybe as a 'negative gift'.

Of all the cults, Humakt should have a number of workshippers that have 'changed their minds', but are forced to life with their decision for the rest of their lives. I imagine a number of disenfrancised ex-Humakti with all the penalties and none of the benefits. Now that would be an excellent grizzled veteran.

Neil

Neil Robinson Glorantha Con V Net Rep - see our web site: 2650 NW 58th St. Unit 1 http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/con5/gcon5.htm Seattle, WA 98107 USA
(206) 706-3250 neilr_at_wolfenet.com