Coinage and currency and tokens and...

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 03:48:39 -0500 (EST)

> Oh, and while I've heard of coins made of copper, silver, and gold, how
> about other metals? Iron coins, for the ludicrously wealthy? Coins carved
> out of semi-precious stone? What do mermen use: they can't cast metal,
> surely?
>
> Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk

      I once had jade "coins" from a Chinese-esque culture in a campaign. Mermen might use something like "wampum"; the Amerind carved shell beads on strings as a necklace or belt or whatever. Some shells might have different values, plus a wampum belt with different colored shells arranged as runes could carry messages or even enchantments.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...