POW gains

From: Ed Tonry <etonry_at_niu.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 21:04:25 -0500

Lorne D. Booker says:

>If they successfully make their power roll they get an increase in POW. I >can't help thinking that there must be a metaphysical law in Glorantha >concerning the conservation of energy and magic power. In this is the case >a successful POW roll would mean that POW must be drained from somewhere.
>Is it drained from the targeted entity?

No. In order to be drained from the target, it would have to be taken immediately. But the POW gain, like all other gains, comes after a week's reflection on what you've done. Think of it as being like exercising to build up your muscles. Your body weight may not change, but you are now stronger. Flexing your metaphysical "muscles" improves them the same way.

Ed Tonry