Eyes of blue

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 21:56:31 -0800

Loren Miller wrote "The Painsmith and the First Man to Die," which was excellent.

Simon Phipp foolishly asked what color Zorak Zoran's eyes are. A scary blue, of course, just like in the Tekumel novel where one character has blue eyes and is considered weird and unlucky. (This assuming trolls don't normally have blue eyes. And note to Martin Laurie: not volcanic blue. That's for barbarians.)

Peter Metcalfe wrote

> I recall that the one of the songs that the Windlord is required to
> sing when encountering a Solar priest calls the latter a 'jealous uncle'.
> There must be something in this.

Once again, I must say, "not necessarily." This could simply be a cultural thing. You call anyone you meet "uncle" or "grandmother" or "cousin." Lots of Amerindians did so, judging from their stories.