Ice Rune...

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 03:47:26 -0500 (EST)

Peter Mecalf noted...

> It's a filled in diamond (as in playing cards). The inherent
> obnoxiousness of the manifest abortion lies in the implication
> that merely by freezing water, you are transmuting substances.

      Interesting, but I recall that water's rune metal is liquid (mercury) until enchanted (aluminum or aluminium for you furriners :) ) when it becomes solid. The one Gloranthan substance is two seperate elements in Earth's universe. There is a certain symmetry in an Earth substance being two different elements, then. Is it not possible for some cultures to see water and ice as being different elements and that they'd then have different magical properties? I could see an enchanted ice that doesn't melt and could be worked like metal or stone. Might not be terribly Gloranthan..

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham....

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #214