Re: coins

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 20:28:46 +0000

> From: David Weihe <weihe_at_gsidanet.danet.com>
answering my coins question:
> Minting is the type of thing only done by centralized governments or merchant
> leagues, like having standing armies. Thus, in Sartar only the Prince would
> have any thoughts of it. In the Holy Country, with the much larger tribes, it
> could be done tribally, though I would doubt it.
The British were minting coins (if rather crude ones) before the Romans turned up: the Iceni at least had their own coinage. I don't know enough about history to know how large a grouping this was, and how it would compare with the resources of a Sartarite tribe. Any experts out there?

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/