Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #212

From: Gaiba Roberto <cip5651_at_accursio.comune.bologna.it>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 15:10:25 +0100

>There has been a lot of talk on the Humakti, and I wanted to put in
>my two bits about geases....
>
>With the Celts, breaking a geas meant death, or something as nasty.
>Now humakit geases are not exactly the same as the Celtic ones, IMHO,
>but they are still permanently and irrevokably binding.
>
>If a humakti with the geas, 'accept no magic healing' gets so healed,
>he is screwed (maybe in the only way a humakti gets it). Not only
>should he lose the associated gift forever, without a chance of
>taking it again, but he should still have the geas, and breaking it
>again may cause more problems, maybe as a 'negative gift'.

I am actually much more severe about geas-breaking Humakti: if they are just initiates they lose the gift (but retain the geas) and find themselves at pow 1, if they are Swords they are attacked by what I could call a fury.

>Of all the cults, Humakt should have a number of workshippers that have
>'changed their minds', but are forced to life with their decision
>for the rest of their lives. I imagine a number of disenfrancised
>ex-Humakti with all the penalties and none of the benefits. Now that
>would be an excellent grizzled veteran.
>
>Neil

The only ex-Humakti are dead Humakti (like good Aldryami).

GAIBA - cip5651_at_iperbole.bologna.it

        gaiba_at_geocities.com