newts

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:59:22 +1300

Nils Weinander:

>What do you think in general, are dragonewts unable to
>draw symbols as well?

They don't have a written language. Written Auld Wyrmish was invented by 'clever schaolrs' in the second age.

>OK, if we accept that, I'm still curious as to why the
>dragonewts are associated with water. It doesn't seem
>natural. Any good takes on that?

Because they were originally ordinary newts who worshipped the river and later draconized themselves under the tutelage of the Dragons that originally lived there? Explains the relationship between the Newtlings (who can speak Auld Wyrmish up to 50%) and the Dragonewts IMO.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #216