coinage

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 11:18:36 +0800

>I, too remember the coins that we don't call Lunars being known as
>Guilders.

        Working from memories of RQ2, the coins we don't call Lunars were known as sovereigns in Sartar, and Guilders in the 'Guild dominated city of Corflu', which doesn't make a lot of sense as we now no Corflu to be a pestilential trading post rather than a city. But it was taken to mean that the non-Lunar coinage of Prax was the Guilder, and the non-Lunar coinage of Sartar was called the sovereign. Then in RQ3 everything was a penny in the basic rules, and the terminology carried through to some scenarios. Stars where the silver coinage of the Yelorna cult, and thus appeared in Pavis occasionally (maybe the Yelornans controlled the mint for a while).

        David