ICe

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:18:17 +0800

>A lot of people have mentioned the 'Ice Rune', and everyone seems
>to agree what an abomination it is. I can't even remember what
>it looks like, but I do wonder exactly it is about this rune that
>offends.

        Its shaped just like the Diamond suit in cards. It offends because it messes up the neat elemental organisation - there are elements, and some sub-elements, but no known other runes that combine two of the elements. As it offends those who like their runes neatly classifiable, it is much reviled.

        Aditionally, Greg and Sandy have publically said that they kind of wish they had never created it, presumably for these reasons.

        (published in Cults of Terror. No cults that actually use the rune have ever been published, so removing it is also pretty easy. Himile, for example, has the cold rune instead (the doughnut))

        Cheers

                David