Rightwise King Born of All England

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 15:16:11 -0500

Peter writes, re: Enchantments and Truth:

> If there was a magic sword which could only be wielded by the Rightful
> King of England, and somebody was feverent to truely believe that he
> was the King of England, then he would be able to wield the sword.

That would be the reverse of the "Real World" situation, in which Arthur, squire of Kay, had no idea that he was rightwise king born of all England until his foster-father's subsequent confession. While I agree with Peter's general point re: subjective and multiple Truths, I don't think a specific enchantment could be so easily fooled. After all, whoever *created* the enchanted item ought to have known damn well what he meant by such a great investment of time and Power, and that'd be the line the enchantment would be bound to follow.

Anyway, Velikovsky's more fun than most historians... :-)

Nick