Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #217

From: Gaiba Roberto <cip5651_at_accursio.comune.bologna.it>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 08:49:35 +0100

>> In RQ2, bladesharp is only added once so in the first case you could do 2
>> attacks at 60%, not 70.
>> (I usually let players split attacks non evenly, but all attacks must be at
>> least at 50%, so in the previous example you could have done a 50 and 70
>> percent attacks.)
>
>I agree this is the RQ2 rules... but say you were fighting a spirit. Only your
>bladesharp actually does it damage say. If you attacked twice, and only
>hit it once, would you do 4 points of damage or only 2?
>
>Sigh. As usual, when the rules are written down, as with laws in Real Earth,
>there's always problems. If the rules aren't written down, you just call it
>an institution ;-)
>
>Robert

I think the damage is fully added to each hit in every case, as the weapon just does that x more damage, so everytime it strikes someone you add x points of damage.
Anyway RQ is not the rules, you could play Glorantha with any (even if there is not anything even nearly beatiful as the concept of POW in other games). And RuneQuest is Glorantha. Period.

(Oh, Eurmal now has the Moon Rune. Good heroquest, it was, yeah...) Bye

GAIBA - cip5651_at_iperbole.bologna.it
        gaiba_at_geocities.com  -------------------->rarely checked
        cip5651_at_accursio.comune.bologna.it ------>good as the first, but
maybe                                                   soon it will
disappear...
"You first must learn the Do. Then you must forget the Do. After you learn to breathe, you forget how to breathe." Askathic Brotherhood quote