Re: Initiate foci

From: Paolo Guccione <teigupa_at_tss.tei.ericsson.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:42:59 +0100

Cristoph Luehr

> Shamans in RQ need foci for their animistic spells.
> But what about initiates and priests ? Do they need foci to ? Or are
> their spells just given by the gods, so that they don't need foci ?

These spells are not given by the deities themselves but by spell spirits that are messengers of the deities. I think initiates need foci, too. My opinion is that only a priest of the deity that grants the spell can make or attune a focus for a spell learned by means of Spellteaching. Similarly, such a priest cannot make a focus for a spell not taught by the deity.

			http://www.geco.it/~guccione