Babs Gor, Homebody

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 02:41:14 -0500 (EST)

Phillip Hibbs noted...

> The problem is that there is no-one to carry on the family line, and if he
> severs his relationship, that is the end of a long and proud family.
> Actually,
> there is a younger sister back home, but she's joined Babeesta Gor, so
she's
> not
> much use in that direction, not being exactly the homely, mothering
type...

          I'm assuming that you mean "homely" in the British "homemaker" sense and not in the American "butt-ugly" sense. :) More seriously, since Ax "Maidens" aren't necessarily celibate; would it not be possible for her to end up in the family way and leave the child with relatives when the child comes?

          Just something that struck me. Perhaps there are dozens, hundreds, thousands of Gloranthan woman warriors who have children but don't elect to quit being warriors because of it. Is there some cultural way of dealing with this?

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...