jonatela

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:11:03 +1300

Joseph Troxell:

>In the write up of Harrek, it implies that he was a mercenary in Jonatela
>sometime between 1594 (when he awoke) and 1609 (when he slew the polar bear
>god). Yet, it says in the History of Fronela that Jonatela did not emerge
>from the Ban until 1616. Am I mis-reading Harrek's description? Or was
>Jonatela split into several parts under the Ban, which seems to be the case
>since part of it is still under the Ban. Has anyone else addressed this
>issue?

I think the 'King of Jonatela' was actually either the Count of Timms or Karstall who assumed that title when the Ban came on the grounds that the King of Jonatela must be dead. But since the Real Kingdom of Jonatela has issued forth from the Ban, the pretender has quietly dropped all aspirations to the throne.