Newtlings & Dragonewts

From: Simon D. Hibbs <S.Hibbs_at_fcrd.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 17:34:35 +0000 (GMT)

Peter Metcalfe :
>> Because they were originally ordinary newts who worshipped
>> the river and later draconized themselves under the tutelage
>> of the Dragons that originally lived there? Explains the
>> relationship between the Newtlings (who can speak Auld Wyrmish
>> up to 50%) and the Dragonewts IMO.

Simon Phipp:

>What???? You cannot actually believe this?

He's not the only one.

I don't see any reason why a Newtling could not have heroquested to gain draconic kinship. I'm not convinced that it is necesserily so, but it seems very plausible. Have another look at the Rainbow Mounds scenario in Apple Lane for some interesting newtling/ dragonewt tidbits.

Simon