Warrior mommies

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 05:26:35 -0500 (EST)

Jane Williams noted...

> If she can convince some
> authority that it is more important to the group that she carries on
> fighting than that she looks after the kid, they will provide the support
> (though they may wonder why she produced it!). Any fanatical cults, like
> Babs Gor, Humakt, Storm Bull etc would come in this category. And if
> she's so good, in any skill, that the clan/tribe/whatever wants her to
> continue in her profession, support will be found.

         One thought: Supposedly, back in the Good Old Days, sometimes a young woman and her mother would go away for nine mouths or so and when they came back the young woman would have a new brother or sister and her mom would be a mother again at a surprisingly old age. People knew the truth, of course, but they embraced the illusion. (This from a short I read a while back, but prob. a basis in reality) I see our original Babs Gor Ax Maiden giving her mother a new son or daughter through some kind of ritual; perhaps even before it's born the child would be not her son or daughter but her brother or sister. Thus, the family line is maintained.

         Then again, I might be a tired lunatic. :)

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...