Naskorion

From: Ingo Tschinke <tschinke_at_nord.de>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 15:54:00 +0100

Hi=20

with Tradetalk # 3 we, the editors of the Chaos Society, will try to produce a east Ralios special issue. For this issue I'm planning to write an article and description about Naskorion. Therefore I would like to dicuss with you some matters concerning Naskorion. Here are my comments about Naskorion from the booklet 'the Greatest Tournament of the World' which I have written for the FreeForm 'Rise of Ralios'. Give me your opinion and your thoughts concerning Naskorion, please.

Naskorion
All Naskorion belongs by tradition to its Duke, and the Naskorion nobility are correspondingly reduced to certain privileged and hereditary government positions, ensuring their dependence upon the Duke. The present Duke, Rainard de la Faucille, pursues some very ambitious project. First, he successfully concluded an alliance with the trolls of Halikiv and declared himself publicly to be a member of the Argan-Argar-Chain. Then he supervised and financed the construction of Zorakarkat Castle, before finally inaugurating the new stygian church of Naskorion, installing a troll named Kurzum Aragat as bishop of Marost. This sect now teaches that Arkat gained his crucial insight necessary to defeat Gbaji only after he became a troll, and that consolation lies only in Darkness. Kurzum Aragat has prophesied that Arkat Kingtroll will return this current year (1625) to revive together with Duke Rainard the =91Dark Empire=92 of Ralios, thereby exposing the full impact of the Duke=B4s plans. Naturally these developments have prompted the Orlanthi of Naskorion and the surrounding kingdoms of Saug, Keanos and Delela to take up arms to resist Rainard=B4s designs.

The Stygian Church of Naskorion

This Church was founded only recently by Rainard de la Faucille, the Duke of Naskorion and the dark troll Kurzum Aragat. According to this Church the greatest Saint of Malkionism is Arkat the Troll, who saved the world from the Devil Gbaji. However, it was the Gods of Darkness who brought him the insight and wholeness that later ruled his Dark Empire. This Church preaches friendship with all peoples, especially with the Trolls. Rainard de la Faucille traces these tenets back to St. Paslac, the last Imperator of the Dark Empire.

The caste system of the Stygian Church is very flexible. Caste can be changed when the person in question so wishes. Furthermore, this Church sees men and women as equal in all aspects.=20

The head of the Church is the Bishop of Marost, Kurzum Aragat.

RuneQuest - Society                  Ingo Tschinke
tschinke_at_nordwest.de                 Schevemoorer Landstr. 33
Free INT - RQSociety_at_aol.com         28325 Bremen/Germany
http://members.aol.com/rqsociety/welcome.html RQ Society discussion forum - RQSoc_at_nochet.demon.co.uk