dragon/newtlings

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 11:49:11 +0000

"Simon Phipp" <simon.phipp_at_walshwestern.com> writes, regarding dragon/newtlings:
> >I don't know about you but IMG Magisaurs and Newtlings are seperate
> >species.
>
> They are, but see WF14 (the best source on Dragonewts) and check out

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... ho ho ho ho ho ho oh ho ho ho ho... you are tooo tooooooo funny.

> the scenario - there are two newtlings who are reborn dishonoured
> dragonewts.

This is why people think Glorantha is hard to grasp. Because the best way to find out about an important facet of Glorantha like the dragonewts *WHO GROW UP INTO FREAKING DRAGONS FOR CHRISSAKE!* is in the 14th issue of a small-press-run fanzine that has been out of print for 15 or 20 years since it was initially printed. And don't even get me started on "big rubble" and "pavis", or the cradle scenario which Stephen Martin called the best Gloranthan scenario ever published, which will never again see the light of day because... grrrr... all I can think is that somebody with clout must really want their stash of all those old books to be worth a lot of money as rarities.

Please, do me a favor. If you have a detail of Gloranthan minutae that hasn't seen daylight since Avalon Hill got its grubby hands on RQ, then don't expect anybody to take it as gospel. You have to re-establish it as likely all over again. You have to take a trip to the well of knowledge, and MAKE A REASON UP why it should be true in our Gloranthas.

Cheers,
Loren

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> A priest, a rabbi, a Penn student, and an elephant walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what is this, some kinda joke?"